Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 2011

Well, time has flown by! It's already June and I am enjoying the summer with the girls. School went and ended quickly. I really did enjoy my class and will miss them greatly! I taught summer school with the incoming kindergartners and was awakened with what I will expect next year. It was both scary and exciting! I saw less behavior issues but saw some really have missed out on a lot. I have gotten involved in some of the things they have for parents and kids in preschool in the community such as the kinder club and kindergarten jump start. This really makes me see that I can reach parents in getting them more involved with their child's education. I will be signing up for master classes for the fall! Scared a little because I don't want to get in over my head sort of speak! I hope it will all work out but know it will with God helping me through! I have a Vegas trip planned! I will be attending the Kindergarten teacher conference. I'm excited to meet teachers from other states and just learn some tools to use in the classroom!
Dave has just gone back to work since his gall bladder surgery. He was enjoying time with the girls and I, well at least that is what he said. He seemed to heal up quickly especially since fishing was his coping mechanism! He was trying for a position here in town but was not given it. However this has not slowed him down. he was happy to know he could keep his kids and staff. He really is happy with what he does. He is trying to volunteer for more of the services they do for his kids, which I'm hoping will give him more out there and see how much he does for his kids.
Grace is Grace! She is going to be starting preschool this fall along with some speech services. She omits some of her beginning and end sounds. We've worked a lot on it and she still needs more of a push. She is loving that she is recognizing more of her letters in her name! She will point them out everywhere and loudly may I say! She almost has the letters in order on her own when she writes it....she gets a library card if she can on her own. Excitement for her when she does!
Chloe is a daredevil! She loves to still climb but is finding some fear! She fell at the playground the other day with Dave and realize she has to be more carefully. Boy did she try to tell me the story (still having some speech issues there). She is now fully potty trained and is loving the monkey underwear she has! Everything is green and monkeys with her! Definitely fits her personality!
Well, as you can read; life is definitely moving on and quickly!

No comments: