Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Days!

Well I've only had one but bring them on!!!

Just an update on life here: School is going great. I'm getting some testing done because second quarter is coming up really quick and that means DRAs and that could take a lot of my time! I only have a few kiddos who show no sign in improving too much and am worried a lot about if they should move to second grade or not. We'll see though, I hoping for some sign of brillance!!!

The girls are doing a lot better!!!!! They both were really sick. It all started after Grace got her 2 year shots. She got a cough, then a temp. that brought on some throwing up which isn't something I like to deal with but will. She seemed to get better after the throwing up bit. However, she gave it to Chloe who still seems a bit congested at times, but is doing much better. I guess though Dave and I have been lucky cause Grace never got sick until she was 6 months and it hasn't been too bad! Maybe we won't be so lucky with Chloe, but at least she is breatfed and they say they don't get sick as much as formula babies!!!

Dave went on his week long training. He seemed to do really well with being gone, but says he doen't want to do it again....thinks he missed us a lot more than he will admit! That's when both girls got sick and I think he was glad to have it that week and not when he was at home. He doen't do to well with throwing up!

We've done some Christmas shopping but have to do some more. Dave has me not buying things with Grace in the cart. It is really hard to do because if Grace sees something really cool and I know she will like it and I want to get it. The same goes with Chloe, except she can't say mommy look. However, we did get the Elmo live thing with Grace. The whole time we were at the store she would say I love you Elmo and give him kisses, while he would say Elmo loves you! It was too cute....Dave said that it won't last long at home before he hides it. I just can't wait to finish shopping though, however, that will mean that the grandparents will have to give some time for Dave and I to go. I think they won't mind since they really haven't gotten to see them both!

We put our tree up today while I was off and before Dave went to work! It was really fun this year because Grace was able to help so much more. She didn't get that you can't put 3 ornaments on one branch. We'll have to work on that while the tree is out because she tries to rehang the ornaments even after they have been hung on the tree for a couple of hours.

Another little update on Grace and Chloe. Grace is she is into the pretend play. She has a baby that she calls Chloe. She has only tried to breastfeed Chloe once. Then we showed her a bottle that she now uses instead. Thank goodness! She also has been a lot more of a big sister to Chloe as well. We haven't heard her say no to us when we pick Chloe up. Chloe rolled over from her stomach to her before Thanksgiving and is doing it a lot. She is cooing and smiling like crazy. Grace thinks this is funny because she goes up to her and says her name and talks to her when Chloe is cooing.

Well, that is most of what has been happening in our life here.

No comments: